Monday, March 5, 2007

BBQ Beef & Noodles

For lunch today, we had more pot roast and steamed broccoli (only for Shrike; as previously discussed, I can evidently handle it in a recipe with lots of other yummy stuff, but I still don't like broccoli all by itself), and then I used the rest of the leftovers to make barbeque beef and noodles.

Because I know you're just dying to hear all the details . . . .

BBQ Beef & Noodles
Made with leftover pot roast

Ingredients
3 cups pot roast, shredded
(More or less. I just smushed up some of the potatoes in there, too.)

1 cup each ketchup and bottled barbeque sauce
(Hmm, I actually have no idea how much of these I used, and you might want to vary the ratio depending on the intensity of your BBQ sauce. What I have is pretty intense, so I cut it a good bit. You could also use tomato sauce instead of ketchup. Just keep adding til it it's all wet but not runny.)

3 cups cooked noodles or pasta
(Again, I'm guessing on the amounts. Also, I used a combination of egg noodles and whole wheat spiraly pastas (rotini?) because that's what I had. Shrike didn't even notice that they were mixed up til I mentioned it.)

3 oz Velveeta™ cheese
(Still guessing on amounts. Also debating whether or not to skip this next time. I will probably leave it in.)

2 - 4 oz shredded cheese
(I used about 2 oz, to finish off a bag, but more probably would have been better. More cheese is always better. I used 2% 4-cheese Mexican blend, but any would be ok.)

  1. Preheat over to 350 F.
  2. Mix all but shredded cheese in a large pot and heat on medium until Velveeta™ is melted.
  3. Transfer to a 9" x 9" baking pan, sprayed with Pam™. Top with shredded cheese.
  4. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
  5. Can switch oven to "broil" for a few minutes to brown cheese, if desired. Watch it closely!

2 comments:

  1. Amazingly enough, that ACTUALLY sounds good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite good. I like BBQ alot, but even Shrike, who's not as big of a fan, liked this.

    I've used leftover pot roast to make BBQ shredded-beef sandwiches before, but this was a first for the BBQ/noodle casserole.

    I think it's a "keeper."

    ReplyDelete

What say you?