Saturday, September 1, 2012

Busted!

As if I weren’t in enough trouble for the whole flooded basement thing, I got a speeding ticket today. (And a warning for my August inspection sticker.)

Actually, the trooper didn’t technically write it for speeding. Instead, it said I "failed to obey the instructions of an applicable official traffic-control device.”

It was, of course, referring to the speed limit sign, but nowhere on the citation does it say that, or make any reference to my speed. For all the judge knows, I might have made a "rolling stop" at a stop sign.

She said this offense gives me no points, doesn’t go on my driving record, and the fine is less.

Given that she clocked me going 52 in a 35 mph zone, I think I got off pretty lightly.

I suspect that she may have given me a "family" discount, if ya know what I mean.

1 comment:

What say you?