Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Daily Peep: Nature v. Nurture

Peeper shares Shrike's genes.

She's shared my diet, and its flavors, since she was a 5-day-old embryo.

Shrike loves broccoli.

I do not.

(Yeah, yeah, there was this. But I've not had a bite of it since well before Peeper was conceived.)

So, let's see what happened today . . . .




Nature: 1 / Nurture: 0

The broccoli was steamed to within a millimeter of its little green life, then run under cold water, and was quite squishy and pathetic by the time I gave it to her.

She gummed and sucked on it quite a bit and seemed to get some loose in her mouth, but it remains to be seen whether she swallowed any.

I'm sure we'll know by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like broccoli till about 6 or 7 years ago. There's hope for you, Whozat! :) At any rate, I love it now!
    Oh, and there should be a big televised blog award show. You'd win hands down! You guys crack me up. I just saw the tagline 'Lucy and Ethel have a baby' and I laughed out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?