Monday, September 1, 2008

Patient Puppy

When I eat at my desk (which accounts for the majority of my meals), the rule is that MamaCat gets first dibs at licking the bowl, then BigGaloot can have whatever she leaves behind.

Unless he's a butthead and runs her off before she's done, in which case he doesn't get any.

(Or at least he has to wait a while for his share.)

Usually, she eats on the desk while he waits beside it, and then I put the bowl on the floor for him, but earlier today he was in the other room, so I put it down for her.

He came in while she was eating, sniffed at her a bit (but she hung tough) and then actually listened to me when I told him to "leave it," "down" and "wait" until she was finished.

Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. He is a very sweet, good boy when he is not stomping us or otherwise galooting around. And he loves his cats. If only his brother would be his friend. They could both sit on the couch watching TV with their paw in their pants.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?