Saturday, August 2, 2008

Looking Back: One Year Ago

One year ago today:
I saw my first negative pee stick. Followed by a technically-in-the-positive-range-but-way-way-way-too-low beta the next day, followed by a negative beta a couple of days later. Indicating a chemical pregnancy - "Zippy the Zygote" had indeed been created, and even implanted, but that was it.

Today:
I am 23 weeks, 4 days pregnant, and Peeper is a dancin' fool.

One year ago tomorrow:
Was my last day as Director of Education at the OldWorkTown Center, before starting as Director in NewWorkTown.

Two days ago:
I turned in my letter of resignation, giving roughly four months notice that I won't be returning after Peeper is born.

One year ago next week:
At our annual Democratic picnic, I was miserable, having awful cramps, and telling myself that it was just the prometrium that was making them so much worse than usual. Since then, I've had four more post-prometrium periods, and they weren't nearly so bad. It was Zippy.

Today:
At our annual Democratic picnic, I wore my "Mama for Obama" button, was asked at least ten times, "How are you feeling?" and discussed baby shower plans with a friend who's offered to host one for us.

What a difference a year makes.

2 comments:

  1. "Mama for Obama" COOL!

    Where do i get one of those pins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't where I got mine, but there's a whole "Obama Mama" section on Cafe Press

    ReplyDelete

What say you?