Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting Started

After a few phone calls, it seems that my meds for the mock EEP cycle have been ordered, and should ship tomorrow, to arrive on Wednesday.

Oh, and I finally figured out - ok, I asked - exactly what the EEP stands for. It's a mock exogenous estrogen - progesterone cycle.

Yeah, I can see why we just say "EEP" (and, evidently is it pronounced "eep" rather than spelled out "E-E-P.")

Now, we just have to figure out what to do with said meds when they arrive.

Shrike's mom is an RN, so we've gotten permission for her to teach Shrike how to do the intramuscular butt shots (I say as though there are any muscles intra my butt) rather than having to both go to OldWorkTown for an injection class.

So, tomorrow morning, after our appointment with Dr T, we'll go have my mother-in-law stick a needle in my ass.

What the hell am I thinking?!?

Actually, I guess she'll just be showing Shrike how to do it. Maybe there will just be instruction and then the test run, rather than a demonstration and a test.

Speaking of the practice shot - we've got plenty of syringes and unopened vials of saline left from my Bravelle shots (which required only one vial of saline to two vials of powder for each injection), so we'll take some of those with us, so Shrike can give me a 1 cc saline injection to practice her technique before it's the real thing, and while her mom can watch.

I'm not thrilled about the idea of an extra, unnecessary shot or two, but it was actually my dumb idea in the first place, and besides, what's one more shot in the ass, in the grand scheme of things.

Since I should have my meds in hand by Wednesday, and we should know what to do with them by then, it's safe for me to start my period as soon as tomorrow.

So, I've stopped taking the prometrium (well, I say "stopped" but at this point, I'm technically only a couple of hours late for the first dose that I'm not taking) and now I wait for Day 1.

I expect that will be Thursday or Friday, but my guess is Friday, if for no other reason than that would mean that Day 2, when I take the first injection of Del Estrogen, would be Saturday, when we're having our Christmas party.

How's that for some party entertainment?

Should we do it before or after the white elephant gift exchange?

2 comments:

  1. A needle is a heck of a lot better than an ice pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. A needle is a heck of a lot better than an ice pick

    I'm thinking getting stabbed with an ice pick would be better entertainment for the HALLOWEEN party. :D

    ReplyDelete

What say you?