Monday, December 10, 2007

Manic Monday #18

  1. For the holidays, are you a last-minute shopper or do you shop well ahead of time?
    I've done pretty well the past few years. In fact, except for the party things we bought yesterday, and Shrike, I've been done for a couple of weeks!

  2. If you had to pick a new first name for yourself, what name would you choose?
    When I was a kid and had to make up a name when we were playing pretend, I would usually go with a different diminuative of my "big name" than the one that I actually go by.
  3. What's worse,having expectations that are too high, or having no expectations at all?
    I don't know what it's like to have no expectations, so I guess I'd say that having expectations that are too high, and being disappointed would be worse.

Learn more about Manic Monday.

9 comments:

  1. good for you, you've done your shopping already.

    mine is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I envy you! You do not have anything to worry about! Christmas is very near!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have gotten just about everything done except for smaller stuff for the kids. They wanted some "big" gifts this year, so that is most of what they are getting, but I do need to fill in with some smaller stuff. There may be a few other stray friend presents, but the bulk of it is done.

    Oh, and I suppose that I should get a tree and decorate... that will happen in the next few days, I just had to get finals out of the way before I could take the time to do it. I take the last two today, then I am freeeeeeee for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t even started shopping yet. Usually for my grand nieces and nephews I get them books, and I still trying to think what I can get my brother and sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool ... you're done with your shopping already! Me, I still haven't started ... lol.

    Happy MM!
    My Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya,

    Just stopped by to read your manic monday. It seems that a lot of people get the holiday shopping done early, this is a very wise move in my opinion. Have an amazing week ahead..

    My Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm almost done with shopping, so I'm not doing too badly.

    I must agree with you on #3-- being disappointed stinks.

    Thanks for playing MM and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana_CT said...
    Usually for my grand nieces and nephews I get them books

    I have gotten a number of people books this year. I ordered them through the Barnes & Noble link here on Whozat's blog so she will get a cut from them. Just putting a few pennies in the pot for the baby fund... :)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?