Sunday, September 23, 2007

Shopping Spree

Yesterday, after I worked all morning and Shrike attended a class at the county agricultural cooperative extension, about how to get your garden ready for summer, we were faced with deciding how to spend our afternoon.

After realizing, once again, that we've been together far to long to "be together" by just sitting around being together (we're just really not that fascinating to each other any more) we decided to hit a new consignment shop in town.

We ended up making a few additional stops along the way.

We also decided to be very optimistic as we shopped.

The majority of our purchases are pictured here.


Stop #1 - Yard Sale
Four pairs of jeans for me - ranging from my current size (I hope!) through 3 sizes bigger (I'd like to think) - 25¢ each
Polar bear warm snuggly outfit (size 6 - 9 months) - 50¢
Eleven other items of baby clothing - 10¢ each
Stuffed panda bear - 10¢
Total: $2.70

Stop #2 - Consignment Shop
One pair of pants that fit now (Um, not the same size as the ones I've been wearing. Damn it.)
Two pairs of pants that are too big, but have room to put several weeks worth of pregnant belly in (I hope!)
One work-appropriate blouse for me
One rugby shirt for Shrike
Two books for us (Baby Bargains (5th edition, of 7 now published), Feeding Your Child for Lifelong Health)
One book for baby/ies (I am America)
Minus a $5 coupon
Total: $42.74

Stop #3 - Late lunch/ early dinner
And a beer for Shrike

Stop #4 - Dollar Tree
15 pregnancy tests (not pictured - already put away in the bathroom)
5 books for baby/ies (Animal Babies in [a variety of different environments])
1 pair of trouser socks for me
Total: $22.20

Stop #5 - Ollie's
2 books (The Everything Birthing Book, Fix It Quick™ Favorite Brand Name Weeknight Meals)
2 small cutting boards (not pictured)
Christmas gift for GodzillaBoy (not pictured)
Total: $24.86

7 comments:

  1. A day's worth of entertainment for my honey while getting her away from the computer, priceless. And now, after my class, I am laying awake at night being very excited about all the things I want to do in the yard. Oh why is the township's mulch/compost place only open three days a week until 1 p.m.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all found some great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, some wonderful stuff there.

    You have gotten started Christmas shopping? Man, I dreamed about that last night, yep literally dreamed about it being time to start Christmas shopping. I had not really thought about it at all yet, but apparently my subconsious is more on the ball than my consious self. (BTW, bah humbug.)

    I have gotten a certain SIL whose birthday is in October a gift, do I get any points for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody be making your Christmas lists, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't actually started shopping yet, but we saw something that we think GodzillaBoy will like, so we went ahead and got it. Nothing for anyone else yet.

    I do think that we've decided we want to do actual gifts this year, rather than donations, though.

    We'll start working on our wish lists :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we all become Seventh-Day Adventist?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! I added you to my blogroll. I'd appreciate it if you'd consider linking back.

    Most blogs allow you to enter your blog url in a special field in the comment section. If the blog doesn't have that feature, then you will also need to put my url in the comment.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?