Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Small Talk Question #2

Still making small talk, in honor of the 5 Minutes for Mom Blog Party

Lee (from whom I stole the question idea) asks:
Tell us 3 things (not people) you can not live without.

Holy crow, Lee, that really is a tough one. I've had to mull it over a bit, but I think I've got my answers together.
  1. An internet-connected computer
    This one was easy, and popped right into my head as soon a you asked the question. I live on the internet and get twitchy if I have to go a few hours without checking my email.

  2. My bathroom scale
    When I reached my goal weight, my dietician encouraged me to relax about tracking every bite of food that goes into my mouth and just "eat like a normal person," which - evidently - means "eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full, try to make healthy choices most of the time." (Hmm, who knew?)

    I find it hard to believe that I can just do that and not regain all 200 lbs that I've lost, so I have to weigh myself every morning. I allow my weight to fluctuate within a 10 lb range (5 lbs +/-) of my goal weight, and if I see it hit the top of that range, I cut back a bit on the food and bring it back down. If I didn't check in daily, I'd never be able to believe that I'm actually keeping the weight off.

  3. Shrike's big warm college hoody
    Ok, I could probably live without this, but it's something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - inside and out. It's probably an extra large, so while it would have been way too small for me a couple of years ago, it swallows me now (huge on her, too), is very thick and warm, and is a lovely shade of purple. (I see you out there, Googling for colleges with purple in their school colors!)

    We're trying to refrain from turning the thermostat up past 70 F, so I'm usually freezing, even in the house, and I wear this sweatshirt most of the time. There's just something about the shirt itself and the fact that I've stolen in from my honey that makes me feel good when I put it on.

2 comments:

  1. I guess one thing you have on me is your partners clothes already have boob room! If I borrow anything of hubby, I have to do a little tugging for the girls to be comfy!

    I couldn't live w/o Herb (computer) either- what would I do?? Clean, cook, spend time w/ the kids?? That's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . your partners clothes already have boob room

    lol - very good point!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?