Tuesday, December 10, 2013

This Child, I Swear

Peeper (while watching videos): I want to go to the spooky noise video.
Me: Well go ahead.
Peeper: I can't.
Me: Why not.
Peeper: I'm coloring on myself.

Well, so you are.


Good thing it's a snow day for her.

A little while later, after finding out that I also had a snow day (we got upgraded from delay to cancelled!), I went back to bed with Shrike for a while.

"Where's Peeper?" she asked, when I crawled in. "I dunno," I said. "Do you really not know?!"

"The sunroom, I guess. She's fine."

A little while later, she comes in the bedroom, wearing a birthday hat. It was too dark to see much else, so I asked, "What are you?"

"Clown."

These are clown shoes.



And this, evidently, is a clown face.



Even when she can see what it looks like.



There was some sort of explanation about "because one time I was a little scarecrow for Halloween." When I said, "You've never been a scarecrow for Halloween," she said, "Not real Halloween. Pretend Halloween." Oh, okay. Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?