Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Countdown: Cookie Exchange

This MOMS Club cookie exchange would have been our "official" advent activity for the day, but we weren't sure until we got up this morning that it would be happening. Actually, until yesterday evening, we thought I'd be going by myself, but then the public schools got a two-hour delay, which meant that the morning-only kids at Peeper's school don't go at all, and it also pushed back our activity from 10 am to 11 am.

Had the schools been cancelled, the activity would have been cancelled, though, so I didn't want to say anything to Peeper about it until I was sure, so I put in a note about making Christmas decoration gifts, but that ended up not happening because I took a nap for most of the afternoon, so yeah, let's call it the cookie thing.

As if cookies weren't awesome enough, Santa dropped by for a visit, and gave all the kids books.










If you listen closely to this video, you'll hear that she asks Santa for a baby doll. The first we'd heard of that was when we visited him at the mall last week.

On the way there, I asked if she was going to tell Santa what she wants for Christmas and she said, "I'm going to whisper it to him."

I asked, "What are you going to tell him?" and she said, "It's a secret, I'm just going to tell Santa."

On the way home, though, she told me that she'd asked for a doll, and when I asked her about exactly what kind of doll she thought he might bring, or hoped he might bring, she just kept saying, "I don't know. We'll just have to wait until Christmas morning to find out!"

I'm guessing he'll probably bring her something similar to the three dolls that she already has: Michael, Dory and Claus. Yes, she named them all.

And, while tucking in for bed at the hotel, the night before Shrike's surgery, she said, "I know what the new baby doll's name is going to be," but when we asked, she had to come up with it. She thought and thought, and two or three times, her face lit up with an idea, then she shook her head and thought some more.

And finally came up with . . . Rissassy.

(I have no idea how to spell that, but neither does she, so that's as good as anything else.)

Then she said to Dory, whom she'd brought along for the trip, "You're going to have a new brother or sister!"

So, I suppose we'd better hope Santa comes through with a doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?