Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful, Just Lazy

So, everyone I know is doing this whole "Thanksvember" thing and blogging or Facebooking or whatevering each day about something they're thankful for.

I am, of course, thankful for many, many things, a couple of whom are asleep in my house right now, but I just really don't have it in me to come up with thirty of them.

But, sometime late last week, I decided to put Peeper on the spot and asked what she's thankful for. Without even hesitating she said, "The sun."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it's sunny."

I clarified that she meant because it was finally sunny, after several days of rain from Hurricane Sandy.

When I asked what else she's thankful for, she came up with the following:

The moon, because when it's nighttime, the moon shines just like a ruby or diamond does.

Something about treasures and emeralds and gold, but I can't read my handwriting. Maybe that's part of the moon answer?

And "my (pretend) money" (of which she has a great deal, and loves to play with it) "because you gave it to me."

Eh, it's as good as anything I've come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?