Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pie Assistant

I don't know what your calendar says, but at our house, it's Thanksgiving Eve, and that means it's time to make pie! It's actually more of a lemon icebox cheesecake.


And here's Peeper, helping me out. (Why yes, that is green dry erase marker all over her face and body. Why do you ask?)


She's done this a few times before. I'm almost certain that I made one last year and she helped, but there doesn't seem to be any photographic evidence of it.

But I did remember to take photos in 2010 (Christmas, because I wasn't feeling well at Thanksgiving) . . .



. . . 2009 . . .




. . . and even 2008.



That 2008 pie making, I should add, was a major accomplishment. It was probably my second day home alone with Peeper after Shrike went back to work, and I'd dare say the first time since she was born that I'd prepared any food more complicated than a TV dinner. And it was probably the longest stretch, to date, that Peeper had been out of someones arms.

Of course, as you can see here, I had to make it all by myself, pre-Peep. (That link also has the recipe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?