Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wordless Wednesday #35: Pie!

Happy Thanksgiving!




I know this is supposed to be "wordless" but here's the recipe for the pie pictured above.

Lemon Icebox Cheesecake Pie

Cream Cheese - 8 oz brick
Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can
Lemon Juice - 1/3 cup
Graham cracker crust
  1. Combine all but crust in a blender and mix until smooth.
  2. Pour filling into crust and refrigerate over night.
Notes on amounts:
One "batch" of filling, as shown above, in a regular pie crust leaves enough room to add a can of cherry (or other fruit) pie filling on top. However, my people don't believe in that sort of thing, so I leave it out. This creates something of a dilemma, regarding the amounts. I suggest doing one of the following:
  1. If you need two pies, three batches of filling will fill two regular crusts nicely.
  2. If you'd like one bigger pie, get the "two extra slices!" crust (if you can find it) and use two batches of filling.
  3. Make one pie, as shown, and top with Cool Whip, after refrigerating over night. (This is what I'm doing for tomorrow.)
  4. Add the fruit filling on top, after refrigerating over night. You know, if you're one of those kind of people.

Enjoy!

Learn more about Wordless Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. The original recipe also included a tsp of almond extract or, as a substitute, vanilla. Never missed it, though. The picture looks delicious and you and the blender look like "home for the holidays". Wish you could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and your family a happy thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten about the extracts. I don't really like almond, but I think I used to make it with vanilla.

    I did it without once because I didn't have any, and realized it was just as good.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?