Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zukes!

Peeper picked out some zucchini (one yellow, one green) at the farmer's market yesterday morning, so I figured I'd better find a way to cook them before they went bad (like the last time we bought one.)

When I was talking about it, she asked me, "Do zucchinis make chips?"

Why yes. Yes they do.


I made them essentially the same way as the eggplant and kale chips. I used my "new" (thrift store) mandolin slicer (works great), then tossed them with olive oil, garlic, Tastefully Simple Tomato Basil Garlic whatever and Onion Onion and Parmesan cheese, then baked for about 15 minutes or so. She loved them, and was even doing a "zucchini dance" at one point!


They also make fritters. 


These were based on a recipe that I found here, but I was out of eggs, so after Chef Google told me that I could, I substituted 1T cornstarch + 2 T water for the 1 egg. 

I really liked these, and so did Peeper, although it took her a couple of tries, because the first time she picked one up, she thought it was a cookie!

This was really our first foray into the world of the zuke, and now I'm really glad that we're growing them in the garden!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Although I bet they are pretty disappointing cookies.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?