Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Keurig Kid

I don't remember her exact words, but this morning, Peeper asked me something along the lines of "Can I help you make a cup of coffee," so I told her, "Oh, I will totally teach you how to make coffee!"

She said, "You will totally teach me! Let's go do it!"

I had a brand-new cup at the moment, so every few minutes, she asked me if it was empty yet, and when it finally was, I showed her how to use the Keurig.

She made me two or three cups, over the course of the day. With help, of course, but she pretty remembered what to do.

I emphasized that she is never, ever, ever to touch the cup of coffee after it's made, because it's hot, and told her that when it make the funny sound and the coffee stops coming out and the words change, then it's time to yell, "Mama! Your coffee is ready!"

I think it will be a while before we reach that level of independence with this particular skill, but won't that be a beautiful day?




No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?