Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cheesy Bears

I was cruising Pinterest this morning, when I came across a recipe for homemade Goldfish crackers. Well, you know I had to try that.

The only things I changed from the recipe at that link were that I left out the optional onion powder (didn't have any) and used tub margarine and not-so-sharp Cheddar, because that's what I had on hand.

I didn't want to mess with cutting up an aluminum can (not even sure we have one, we're not soda girls) to make a goldfish cutter, so I just pulled out all the small cookies cutters and let Peeper choose which one to use.

Of course, she went with the bears.

Our crackers didn't come out exactly Goldfishy, but they were exactly delicious.

I think, perhaps, if I had an actual food processor, the cheese might have ended up in tinier pieces and distributed more evenly, and I could have rolled them out thinner, but I actually think that I liked what we ended up with better than if they were just not-quite-Goldfish.

And, I think if I added some garlic and made them bigger, they'd be very similar to the biscuits at Ruby Tuesday (and Red Lobster?).


The dough bear is getting goody from the cookie cutter bear. Or maybe the other way around. (There will be video of this, and other adventures, posted soon.)


I gave the second pan of bears eyes and smiles. Peeper gave this one -which is about to go in the oven - knees. Can you see them? (She used the tip of a medicine syringe.)


All done. The thinner ones are crispy and the thicker ones are bready. Both are yummy. I think there are about four left, not counting the ones I've put aside for Peeper's lunch on Wednesday.

1 comment:

What say you?