Sunday, March 11, 2012

Apple Chips

Peeper and I were on a roll in the kitchen today.

I wanted to experiment with eggplant chips, as seen in this video that she loves, but it turned out that the eggplant was a bit past its prime, so I composted it instead.


(Peeper insisted that "It's okay!" but I don't think so.)

So, I made a bit of a change and we made apple chips instead, based on well, any of these recipes, really.

Basically, I just sliced them very thin (and used a cookie cutter to remove some cores, but it was really too big for this size apple), Peeper painted them with melted butter (That wasn't necessary, but she was all excited about painting the eggplant with olive oil, so I let her do that instead. Also? Yummy.) and we sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar.


They then baked at about 150' - 200' for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours.


I kept putting them back in, because they weren't crispy yet, but when I finally took them out, they went from chewy to crispy when they cooled.

I didn't get any photos of the final product, because we ate them all too quickly. (Except, again, for what I've saved for Peeper's lunch.) Two small gala apples do not make very much apple chips.

But they sure do make yummy ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?