Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Little Ballerina

This evening was Peeper's first dance class, and from all appearances, she loved it!

Here she is, all dressed (with street clothes on top, sorry - it's cold out there!) with her dance bag, ready to go!



We'd told her that this was "one class to decide if it's something you might want to do when you're a little bit older," because I wasn't sure how she'd handle the non-Mommy-and-Me setting, but she followed the teacher right in there, without even stopping to give me a kiss or tell me goodbye.


The teacher tells me that she did great, and she tells me that she had fun, and a MOMS Club friend who teaches a music class there, and had to sneak through the room they were in to get something tells me that she looked like she was having a blast, when she saw her half-way through the class.

So, next week we'll be in Texas, but the following week, we'll be back at the dance studio, checkbook in hand.

Well, actually, we may wait a couple of weeks, because we have until January 30 to decide if we want to pay for the whole semester, for a 4% discount. I think we should give her a few sessions before we make that kind of commitment, and we may decide to go ahead and go monthly, just to be safe.

The class she's in is Kinder-Dance, for 3 - 5 year olds, but they are separated into levels 1, 2 and 3, depending on experience, so everyone in this class is brand new, and based on our conversation in Target the other day, I think they are all three, and many are barely three.

I'm tossing around words like "all" and "many" like there are twenty little girls in there. Actually, tonight there were three - with one teacher (the owner of the studio) and two assistants. There may be more kids in future weeks, when we're a little farther out from the holidays and it's not 20 degrees out and snowing off and on all day.

The class includes tap, ballet and tumbling (and at level two they add baton), so we'll need to get both tap and ballet shoes. They sell the used at the dance studio, but didn't have her size at all in ballet, and the teacher said that the tap shoes she borrowed tonight were a little big.


She did say that she might have some others available in black. (They wear white for recital, but she's not doing that, so it's okay to buy black.) I guess we can buy some new ballet shoes from them, if we need to.

After class, I took her out to dinner at Red Robin, where she talked to Red several times, and ate mac & cheese, apples (the whole serving, minus the skins), honeydew melon and ice cream. I guess you work up an appetite dancing.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I am hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing skills has encouraged me to get my own website now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.
    Pool Filter Replaces Unicel # C-8417 (Pleatco # PA175, Filbur # FC-1294) for Swimming Pool and Spa

    ReplyDelete

What say you?