Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Never Say Never

Yeah, I don't know if this qualifies as a "Christmas Activity" but it's the closest we came today.

I put the picture for going to look at Christmas lights back in the drawer for today again, but somehow that didn't pan out again, because Peeper opted to stay home and paint with Mommy instead of everyone going to the grocery store, and then by the time I got home, she was in the tub (see above, re painting) and didn't want to go back out.

Okay. Whatever.

So, instead there was much Nutcracker play again, and Peeper's role of choice for most of the day was the Mouse King, because he is pretty much her favorite character.

(Remember The Wizard of Oz? In which her favorite character is The Wicked Witch of the West? Yeah, we're a little concerned about what might happen when she starts dating. She does seem to have a bit of a Bad Boy/Girl fascination going on.)

But, I digress.

So, this evening, I walked into the sunroom to find Peeper on the couch holding that plastic stick thingy that you twist to change the direction that the miniblinds are tilted (does it have a name?) and saying to Shrike, "I am the Mouse King. You are the Nutcracker. Dis is my sword ("so-wurd") and I gonna bonk you on de head wif it."

Shrike suggested that we might need to break down and buy her a foam sword or something. (For her safety, I think.)

So I grabbed an old FedEx box, a pair of scissors and the aluminum foil, put my very limited creativity and craftiness to work, and voila!


Mama: Hey, Peeper, look what I made you!
Peeper: What is it?
Mama: It's a sword!


Peeper (to Mommy): I could bonk you on the head now?


Mommy: Yes, you can bonk me on the head with abandon.
Peeper: No! It's a sword!

(Oh, if only she'd said "It not a bandon!")

So, you think she likes it?


And, yes, I am the person who swore that my child would not play with weapons.

This is totally different from buying a three-year-old boy a toy gun, right?

2 comments:

What say you?