Sunday, March 6, 2011

Safety Monitor

Yesterday evening, Peeper and I were out running errands, and as I was about to back out of the parking space at our last stop, I heard her say "Unbuckled! Unbuckled!"

I asked, "What's unbuckled?" and she said "Peeper unbuckled!"

So, I pulled back into the parking space, turned off the car, and went to check on that.

Sure enough, one side of the crotch buckle of her carseat was not latched.

I have to push the button with all my thumb-strength to get it open, and it was only one side, so I don't think there's any way that she had opened it. The only thing I can think is that a bit of her clothing was in the way when I buckled her in, and it kept that one from actually clicking in.

Needless to say, I went on and on about what a biiiiig giiiiirl thing it was to notice that and tell Mama!

And also needless to say, Mama will be double-triple-quadruple checking her buckles from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?