Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A'Visitin' We Will Go

More hanging out this morning, but Peeper and I finally made it to the grocery store this afternoon.

(That was on Anonymama's agenda for the weekend, but instead, she was in the hospital.)

On our way home, I had a hankering for a coffee, and Peeper was asking for water, so I told her we'd stop at Starbucks. I did find her sippy, which had water in it, but she still wanted water from Starbucks. (I'm sure the sippy water was quite warm and stale.)

When we got there, the line in the drive-thru was way too long, so I decided to go in. Of course, the line there was just as long, but now I was standing up and holding Peeper, so you know, that was an improvement.

I think I was the only person in there over eighteen and not wearing a t-shirt from the nearest high school. Oh yeah, the after school rush.

Now, Peeper has been in the free-standing Starbucks back home a couple of times, but it's evidently been a while, because when we walked in, she looked around and said, "Target? Target? What kind of Target?!"

Later, we met a couple of my old camp friends for dinner. One is one of "my girls" all grown up and the other was a mom counselor when I was a just-out-of-high-school counselor, and her daughters (even more grown upper) were some of "my girls" too.

After dinner, Peeper and I went over to the "mom's" house to visit for a while, and Peeper was very taken with her husband. He was doing funny finger things for her ("here's the church" and the "broken finger" thing and sneaking up and tickling her) and she was just eating it up. They are expecting their first grandchild in November, so I guess she was giving him some good practice!

I can't believe I didn't take any photos of Peeper with my friends. Here she is, ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?