Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No, That's Not What They're Supposed to Look Like

Our MOMS Club is holding a big (we hope!) indoor yard / bake sale on Saturday, to benefit a local family who has two children fighting a life-threatening hereditary illness, one of whom is not expected to win that fight. It's an incredibly sad situation, and I really hope we can help them.

(If you're local, please email me for details!)

So, today and tomorrow, Peeper and I are baking. And baking. And baking.

The plan for today was brownie bite, which started out pretty much like all our baking endeavors.


Then, when it was time to take the first batch (of three) out of the pan, all their muffin tops came off!

So, I thought, "How can I glue their hats back on?" My first thought was "Peanut butter!" but then I thought that peanut butter frosting would be better, so I did some googling and found a recipe.

Unfortunately, all the recipes called for confectioner's sugar, and all I had was granulated sugar. So, I googled and found out that I could (supposedly) buzz that up real well in a food processor and use it like that.

Yeah, not so much.

So, I heated it up to try to melt the sugar, which helped, but it was still a little grainy. But delicious.

So I glued those back together, and iced the ones that had stayed in one piece (I filled the second and third batches a little less full, so they didn't have "hats.") and I think they came out pretty well, actually.





In fact, I put the leftover "frosting" in the fridge, and when I snuck a bite today, I realized that I may have accidentally made peanut butter fudge!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Load some up in one of those nifty mailing boxes and send them on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we would have to worry about them getting all melty before they got here. :D

    ReplyDelete

What say you?