Friday, December 3, 2010

Sicky Update

I had high hopes for today when Peeper woke up around 11:30 am, having not vomitted since about 9:30 pm, and toddled off to play.

Then she toddled back to me, crawled up in my lap and nursed to sleep. Where she stayed most of the day, waking up to only to puke on me a couple of times, eat a few bites of solid food, and watch a lot of Elmo.

I did manage to get the Elmo in a small window on one side of the monitor, and my store admin on the other side, and get a whole lot of new products added though, so that's one upside to having a lethargic toddler, I suppose.

Our scheduled Christmas activity was Candle Night, which is the December edition of First Friday downtown, which features luminarias all along main street and live performances of Christmas music, along with the usual open-late stores and such. But, of course, we blew that off.

Instead, we read a book and watched some Elmo videos about Chanukah, and colored a picture of Elmo holding some Christmas presents.

(We want to teach Peeper about a variety of religions and their beliefs and holidays, so this seems as good a time as any to start.)
And, yeah, we totally blew off the whole "drawer opening" thing for today. We'll start that when she's feeling better. Maybe by then, the calendar will be painted and I will have printed out the "hints" and stuck them in the drawers, along with some candy - if I haven't already eaten it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?