Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Who Knew?

Lately, Peeper's taken to climbing from my lap onto my desk and then messing with, well, every-damn-thing.

Today, she was doing that and poking at my monitor, and the screen went black for a few seconds and when it came back, well, this:


Hmm, yeah. That's gonna be a problem.

I did manage a work around . . .


. . . but knew I had to fix it somehow.

I wasn't sure who to ask for help, so I asked everybody, and posted my dilemma on Facebook. Within an hour, about five people had given me the solution: CTRL-ALT-UP.

Try it. Then try it with the other arrows.

Evidently, she'd managed to hit CRTL-ALT-LEFT.

How cool is that?

I asked if I was the only one who didn't know that, and my niece Frappa said something along the lines that "No, your friends are lying. They just Google faster than you do."

For some reason, I'd not even thought to Google it.

I was talking to Frappa on the phone tonight and told her that I wouldn't really know what to tell Google, because I had more room to work with on Facebook.

She suggested I try "screen sideways toddler" and see if anyone had ever had the same problem.

121,000 results.

And one cat.

1 comment:

  1. I tried that combo with my arrows on my laptop and I'm pretty sad to say, it didn't work. I'm going to try it on my desktop at my office and see if it works there. It really doesn't take much to entertain me these days. That Peeper! She's one smart cookie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?