Saturday, September 4, 2010

Peeper's Big Beach Adventure - Day Four: Underwater Adventures

On Monday, Shrike and I took all three kids to Ripley's Aquarium.

The first thing Peeper did (while I was at the snack bar) was take a tumble down these steps.


When I got back, she was wailing, so I took her from Shrike, and tried to get situated to nurse her. After about two seconds of hugging and comforting, she said, "Uppa!" hopped down out of my arms, and went right back to the stairs.

This is the scenery at the top of the big tank, which is right next to the snack bar. Yes, I was a little nervous that Peeper was going to spontaneously go sailing over the three-foot-high wall  into the water with the sharks. But not as nervous as I was about the balcony outside our room. On the fourteenth floor.


Our niece petting a horseshoe crab.


The "lalas" that Peeper loved so much.


Shark!


Peeper petting a horseshoe crab. Mama not petting a horseshoe crab.


Peeper getting some goody in the deadly sea creatures exhibit.


Lunch at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.

The merfamily enjoyed lunch, too.

As did Peeper. (Mostly. She was ready for a nap by then.)


We stopped to talk to this guy on the way out.


After a nap, we went for a quick swim before dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?