Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Blogiversary

Three years ago today, I decided that I'd been thinking, "Hmm, it would be kind of cool to have a blog," for too long, and it was time to actually do something about it.

At the time, I really didn't have a whole lot going on that seemed "worth" blogging about - I was looking for work, and hoping that I'd have health insurance soon, so we could start getting ready to try to get pregnant - and yet, I blogged about it anyway.

We took the dogs for a walk, and I blogged about it.

I cooked dinner, and I blogged about it.

I went on job interviews, and I blogged about it.

I got the job, and I blogged about it.

I got the insurance, and I blogged about it.

We tried, repeatedly, to get pregnant, and I blogged about it.

We did IVF, and I blogged about it.

I got pregnant, and I blogged about it.

I went into labor four weeks early, and I blogged about it, from the hospital, while hooked up to Pitocin.

Peeper was born, and I blogged about it.

We struggled and struggled and finally succeeded with breastfeeding, and I blogged about it.

Peeper had open-heart surgery, and I blogged about it.

We celebrated her first birthday, and I blogged about it.

She's grown and thrived and become an absolutely amazing all-but-sixteen-month-old, and I blogged about it.

Through joy, and sorrow, and angst and flat-out crazy, I've blogged about it.

I don't know what might be in store for us over the next year, or two, or three, but you can bet I'll blog about it.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Looking to forward to reading about it :)
    Donna, NY.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?