Sunday, August 23, 2009

Surprise Tooth!

A couple of hours ago, Shrike and Peeper were reading books in her room, and I was playing on the computer, when Shrike said, "Honey, I think she's getting some teeth on top."

Well, okay, we've had a bit of a reprieve from the teething grumpiness, so I suppose it's time to move on to the next round.

A day or two ago, I'd felt around up there and thought that I was starting to feel some lumps where teeth will be, so it makes sense that they'd be starting to bother her.

"Because I think she's grinding them together."

Yeah, I bet it would feel kind of good to push those sharpy-sharp bottom teeth into the top gums, where the new teeth are starting to push out.

"I mean, I hear it."

What?!

I went in there, and stuck my finger in Peeper's mouth, and what the fuck?! sure enough, there is another tooth poking through her gum, on the top left.

Shrike said, "I knew there had to be a tooth there, because I could hear them grinding. I know what grinding teeth sound like.

(She's a grinder. And, evidently, so is Peeper. Or maybe she's just playing with her new mouth-toy.)

"And you know what else?" Shrike said, "When she started grinding them - we were looking at this picture."



Whoa.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this is why she's been "off her feed" a bit lately.

    Still nursing all the time, maybe even a bit more than usual, but not as interested in solids the past few days.

    Although, she has chewed on watermelon and rice cakes a good bit.

    D'oh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toofers. Hey, I have some of those!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?