Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Got a Prize!

My real-life friend, Willa, has given me the "Lemonade Award" which you may have been seeing around the blogosphere lately.

Here's what she has to say about the award itself:

Here are the rules as established (or discovered) at this blog http://wiseherb.blogspot.com/.

If you're interested in nominating other bloggers for the award, here are some guidelines:
Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post and let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

And here's what she has to say about me and my blog:

At Shrike and Whozat, you will find pictures of a sweetheart, 4 month old baby who just had heart surgery. Besides knowing baby and both moms in real life, I am blown
away by the openness with which readers are invited into the family. Plus, they
have nice dogs. (However, once you have the baby, you never again take a picture
of the dogs, so you'll have to look at my blog If a Dog's Dreams came true, bones would rain from the sky to see them!)

Aw, shucks, Willa. And thanks!

I like how she refers to the "openness with which . . . ." That's a much nicer way to phrase it than, "And you will not bee-leeeve the shit this woman talks about!"

(Also, she is so right about recent lack of dog photos!)

And now, onto my nominees.

Hmm, it seems that most of them are either "Real Bloggers" who have received much bigger kudos than this, or they have brand new babies.

Or both.

So, I certainly understand if they don't have time to deal with something so silly as an "attagirl" from little ol' me.

Or, if they just Dont. Have. Time.

That said, here they are, in no particular order:

DaMomma - Motherhood Is Not For Wimps
Liz "DaMomma" writes about daily life with her two three amazing daughters. Almost every one of her posts makes me either cry or laugh out loud. Or, more often, both. Her outlook on, and insights about, parenting epitomize the "great attitude" that this award is supposed to be all about.

Amalah
One of "the" mommy bloggers, Amy is another of my favorites. Her younger son, Ezra, is just a couple of weeks (but "really" six) older than Peeper, so reading her blog is often like a sneak preview of what we'll be seeing in a few weeks. (If that math sounds familiar, yes, Ezra and Baby W were due like the same day.) Besides the new baby, Amy's currently dealing with an ailing parent, and the search for a diagnosis / label / answer for her older son, Noah's, differences / quirkinesses / Noahness. And she does it all hilariously.

Calliope - Creating Motherhood
Cali has been through some pretty tough times on the road to motherhood, but with some amazing support from the "Interweb Aunties," she has arrived and I couldn't be happier for her and the Snork, as well as her mother and grandmother.

Vee and Jay
Our favorite bloggers from across the pond, Vee and Jay went through their share of struggles before conceiving little BonusBall, who is now a month old.

One of His Moms
Another blogger who was trying to conceive at the same time we were, she's been on both sides of the lesbian mom coin, as both non-bio mom to Cakie, and now as bio-mom to not-so-little Trucker.

Roro - Creampuff Revolution
And, in case you were wondering if I ever read anything non-parenting related, I can't ignore one of the funniest people I know. Roro is the wife of Katr, whom I've known since we were about thirteen, and she is this funny in real life, as well.

Yes, I know that's only six, but give me a fucking break.

I have a baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just wanted to say thanks ever so for that, and please consider yourself nominated right back. Loving the daily photos and everything else.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?