Sunday, August 24, 2008

There Ought To Be a Law . . .

Against going to Target dressed like this.

The best part?

This person is male, and from the front, looked much like Santa Claus (in both build and facial hair).


And, now, the backstory . . . .

We were headed to the grocery store, but stopped on our way for "a couple of things" at Target. After we got what we needed, of course we had to take a look at the baby stuff.

There were some new, very cute little onsies and such, and after much debate, I decided to go get the "gun" (scanner) so we could add them to our registry.

I told Shrike to wait there, and I'd be right back with it.

Well, of course, I had to stop at the potty on my way, then print out our barcode, then wait for the "customer service" girl to finish texting her BFF and notice that I was there, and then wait for her to find the scanner.

Right about that time, my phone rang, and I saw that it was Shrike. Ruh roh.

I answered with, "I'm sorry, I'm on my way. I had to pee. I'll be right there."

She said, "You have to get back here right now, because I have to show you something funny, and I don't know how long it'll be here."

Well, I knew right off that it would be a someone, rather than a something, but I never could have imagined.

When I found her, she grabbed me and whispered in my ear a description that didn't even do justice to the reality.

So, I mosied over to the aisle where he was shopping, pretended to look at a DVD, then pretended to check a text message or something, and took the photo.

I'm awful, I know, but if you're going to go out in public like this, you are just asking to have your ass plastered all over the internet.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't stop talking about this!

    Bike shorts in public are usually a bad idea anyway, but this is bike shorts on someone who really shouldn't be wearing them, and they're white, and see-through, and there are the black-and-white underwear, which don't particularly seem to fit and - oh, who am I kidding, there is just nothing at all about this that is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahahaha, thank you, that may just be one of the funniest things I have seen in a along time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you a bloggy award today on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ought to sue you for posting my pic all over the internet! ;)

    Thanks for the pic, my partner and I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness.

    Never again.

    Never again are you allowed to imply that people who shop at walmart are some how less than. Never. Ever.

    Because THIS happened at your precious Target.

    And now, you must excuse me, so that I can change my pants because I've laughed SO hard I peed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update: Evidently, this guy "shops" at Walmart, Target and national monuments:

    http://timcia.blogspot.com/2009/09/busted.html

    ReplyDelete

What say you?