Saturday, August 23, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

So, LiPA was right that the glucola tastes pretty much like Sunkist. Not something I'd choose to drink voluntarily, but not too disgusting.

The hardest part about drinking it was getting all 10 ounces down in 5 - 10 minutes. The bottle said to do it in five, and the lab lady on the phone said five, but the instructions from the doctor's office said ten.

There was no way it was all going to stay down if I did it in five (just because of the limited room in my teeny tummy), so I took amost ten minutes, then we headed to the lab.

Surprisingly, it really didn't make me feel very icky at all. I might have "thumped" for maybe a minute or so, while I was getting checked in, but that's about it.

They even had HGTV on in the waiting room, so we got to watch interesting stuff while we sat around for almost an hour.

During that time, Peeper took advantage of her sugar rush and danced a little jig for us.

The worst part of the whole deal was that the phlebotomist had to dig around for my vein, which is never fun.

I was certainly hungry by the end of the hour, but only in the gnawing emptiness in my belly sense, not hypoglycemic at all.

I had a couple of string cheeses as soon as we got in the car, and that fixed me right up.

Since I wasn't shaking or thumping, we went ahead and picked up my car from the dealership, where it was having a tire replaced.

I was feeling so good that I went ahead and had one of the free cookies that they were giving away in the cashiers office.

Now I'm thumping a bit.

What the fuck?

Evidently, I can have all the sugar I want, if it tastes like crap.

Only yummy things make me feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?