Sunday, July 27, 2008

PrideFest

We spent yesterday afternoon at the Central BlueState PrideFest, in CapitalCity.

As far as Pride goes, we're definitely over the "OhMyGod! GayPeople!" and "Look!ThingsWithRainbowsOnThem!" phase, but we do enjoy going and seeing all our friends.

There are lots of people whom we really only see once a year, at Pride.

With most, we always talk about how we should really get together more often and yada yada yada, but with others, once a year is plenty.

When we were loading up our backpack, I thought to slip in Peeper's 3D photo, and I'm really glad I did, because we ran into several people who didn't know about her, and certainly hadn't seen the photo. So that was fun.

And handy, since I'm still not showing enough for it to be obvious yet, so I still have to tell people, if I want them to know that I'm pregnant.

It was especially nice to see Shrike's cousin, her partner and little Baby R. It's hard to believe that he'll be a year old in a couple of weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I don't know, he looked pretty big when we saw him. BTW, anyone we don't want to see but once a year we did not see yesterday. And no, I don't mean E either because I was very bummed we did not get to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is about time to begin to show and have to wear those oh so stylist maternity clothes. I was into them by this point with all of mine. Of course mine were all huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (re Shrike) And if we've given you the link to the blog, you are definitely in the "let's get together more often" (and we really mean it) crowd!

    Anonymama - At this point, I have two pairs of work-acceptable pants that fit (regular, but bigger than I was wear) and about four or five pairs of maternity pants waiting in the wings.

    So, I'm definitely ready to move into those!

    Shrike keeps saying how she can't wait for me to get a bigger belly. I thought it was just about wanting to see me all cute and fat and pregnant, but now it occurs to me that perhaps it's just a laundry issue . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, re "Little" Baby R - You make a good point there, honey.

    He really is anything but "little."

    Never has been, having started out at damn near 11 lbs.

    But he sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That darn Deion had a team 'fun day with his baseball team and since I was a team 'Mom' (OMG, I'm a team mom!) I had to attend as well. :( I was bummed I didn't get to go to Pride this year but next year, I'll be there with bells on. And not much else. Whozat will get to see alot of E!! LOL And you're right, we DO need to get together. I agree!!
    MUAH!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?