Monday, July 7, 2008

A Bit of an Update

No real new news on Peeper, but I did have an appointment with Midwife K (the Liberal Drinker) this morning, and all looks good.

There really wasn't much to it - weight, blood pressure, chatting, and a listen with the Doppler.

Her heartbeat sounded great, at around 159 bpm (if I remember) - with a couple of kicks to the microphone, for good measure.

She asked (again) about whether we've chosen a pediatrician, and told us about our two options.

Yeah, our little town has one pediatric group, and one solo practitioner. Or, we could go with a family practitioner, so I guess that's technically three choices.

She suggested quizzing our friends for their opinions on these specific docs. I know I talked to LiPA about this before, but I'll have to ask her again, because I've forgotten what she told me!

She told us that it's not too earlier to start "interviewing" them, and deciding who we like. That kind of freaked me out a bit.

Then, this afternoon, Shrike told me that her sister was telling her about how we need to figure out what we're going to do about childcare when we go back to work.

Oy. And we're not even going to need that until February!

Oh, there were a couple of kind of funny things to report from the appointment:

First, when the nurse was doing her thing, she asked me, "So, you're at about twenty weeks. Have you had your ultrasound yet?"

Um yeah. Eight of them. So far.

Second, when MW K was about done with all her questions, she looked back down at her little cheat sheet and said, "Oh, I don't guess I need to ask if you want your tubes tied afterward, do I?"

Yeah, I think I feel pretty safe passing on that one.

6 comments:

  1. Much easier to be able to ask anonydaddy "who is the best" isn't it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tubes tied? Bwahhaaahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I am concerned, our family practice is out. I was considering asking MW K who would be a good doctor for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think Dr V is perfectly competent, but I'm not overly thrilled with her.

    We kind of stumbled upon her when not one, but two docs that we liked left the practice.

    We really liked the first one that we saw there, Dr D. She was nice and funny, and kinda cute (which certainly doesn't help) and I liked that she was a big girl, so she didn't bitch at me about my weight.

    (Which there was a lot of, at the time.)

    Alas, she got married and moved away :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who did we see after her? I don't remember. Or was it before her? Someone else that moved away? I am beginning to get a complex

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw a different doc that one time, when we went to talk about my gastric bypass and get a referral to the bariatric surgeon.

    We liked her okay, but she was pregnant when we saw her, so we were afeared she wouldn't be sticking around much longer.

    And she wasn't.

    These damn selfish doctors and their having of personal lives.

    What about our needs?!?

    ReplyDelete

What say you?