Thursday, May 1, 2008

Parts, Parts, Parts

I am now ten weeks and a couple of days pregnant, and Peeper is officially a fetus!

According to my research (and I've done lots of it) s/he has basically all of his/her parts and organs and such in place, and just needs thirty more weeks or so of growing, developing and maturing.

That's insane.

Of course, the boy and girl parts all look the same at this point (that's crazy, too) but s/he has little teeny gonads, and if they are of the testosterone-making variety, they've already started producing it!

Fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and are developing nails.

S/he is beginning to get taste buds, which means I'll have to start trying to get a veggie or two into my diet on occassion, so that s/he will taste them in utero and like them later.

(Seriously, recent research indicates that babies have a preference for foods that mom ate during pregnancy.)

His/her tadpole tail is gone, and s/he is starting to get real skin.

Coming soon: More differentiation of the boy/girl parts, reflexes, bile!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...so that explains Thomas's love for cheese balls (the cheeto kind) and Julian's affinity for feta (yes, I know I wasn't supposed to eat that while pregnant).

    It is so cool how they grow, isn't it?!

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?