Saturday, April 26, 2008

Photo Hunter #51: Funny Signs

I've skipped the PhotoHunt for a couple of weeks, but hope to get back on track now.

(For some reason, memes have been really hard for me, since I've been pregnant. Odd.)

I didn't actually take this photo, because the signs aren't up anymore, but I got such a kick out of it (and others got so up in arms about it) that I just had to use it for this theme .


Other signs that I've seen around here (or back home) which would have made good photos for this theme:

  • Please be patience. Food prepared fresly. (Handwritten, at a local Mexican restaurant.)

  • Godloves Discount Liquors (Well, who doesn't!)

  • Why Wait? Get Your Wheelchair Today! (Rather fatalistic, don't you think?)

Learn More About Photo Hunters
Photo Hunters Blog Roll

More
Photos

10 comments:

  1. Those are great, love to see funny signs in restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great, love to see funny signs in restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool and funny sign. I like it.

    I've got my PhotoHunt entry up at http://www.anniemayhem.com/cgi-bin/wordpress/ in case you're interested. If you do visit, please leave a comment and feel free to explore the rest of my little blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the little Vietnamese place we had in our neighborhood for a while whose sign said "You eat, we fry."

    Then there is always our little store called "Daiquiris To Go."

    (Yes, as a matter of fact, we do have an open container law, why do you ask?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each daquiri has a lid, and is in it's own little plastic bag, so voila! no open containers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading the comments today I was driving and noticed a margaritas to go sign. 44 ounces available at the drive in window. I may try to drive down a different street from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But think, how many of those 44 ounces will they have had time to drink while they are still on that road?

    You're probably safer closer to the drive-thru than farther from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Louisiana they have drive-thru liquor stores. And open container laws. However, in Bossier, the law was no one gets to have an open container and in Shreveport, passengers could have open containers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd laugh, too - I haven't saw one of those signs.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?