Friday, April 11, 2008

Peep Report

First, I should apologize for not posting sooner, but I went right from my ultrasound to an all-morning meeting, then lunch, then had to drive back to work, you get the idea.

Anyway, the important thing is that all is well with little Peeper.

As expected, s/he is looking much more three-dimensional, and is now a blob with a pulsating midsection - which is a big step up from the flickering smear that we saw last week.

By next week, the doc says that we might be able to tell his/her head from his/her butt :-)

The measured the heartrate and said it was great, but if they actually told me the number, I don't remember what it was.

S/he is now 9 mm long, which corresponds with 7 weeks, 0 days. That's 2 days behind the actual calendar, but anything within a few days is fine, and it was 2 days behind last week, too, so that means that s/he has grown just the right amount since then.

I'll have another ultrasound next Friday, which should be my last appointment with the fertility clinic, then we will "graduate" and be released to my regular ob/gyn and a perinatologist (high risk ob).

More news as we have it, of course!

Editted to add: Our scanner is not working, so I can't get the ultrasound photo up right away. I'll try taking a photo of the print-out, but don't expect that to be very good quality. Shrike can scan it at work on Monday, and I'll post it then.

1 comment:

What say you?