Saturday, March 29, 2008

Photo Hunter #53: High

The wine and liquor glasss are on a shelf that is too high for Shrike to reach. Many times, I've caught her trying to fish one down with a spatula, and have insisted on getting it for her myself, because I'm convinced she's going to send it flying across the room. I guess she'll be on her own in a few months, when I've got too much baby-belly to reach the counter, let alone the top shelf!

Learn More About Photo Hunters
Photo Hunters Blog Roll

More Photos

9 comments:

  1. I tend to use a chair or something... I'd never think of using a spatula! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most of my life I was the one who reached the top shelf, unless, of course, I could get Daddy to do it. Now I can barely reach the front of the middle one. Way shorter than before. Very depressing. Get some of those "picker-uppers" such as I have. Very handy. Careful with the glass stuff, though. Lost access to the wine glasses is a small price to pay, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, maybe you could take some of the lesser used plastic containers and put them on the top shelf, then put a few of the wine glasses on the lower shelf where they could be reached... I know, it would just seem wrong, but it would work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, was going to suggest a stool. Kind of obvious, really. In a pinch, a chair works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, a step-stool. If you have a big kitchen, I'd invest in one of those cool library ones that roll when you don't step on them and don't roll when you do. You little kiddie(s?) will be wanting to help with the cooking in a year or two, anyway! Register for one on your baby registry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like sarge charlie!A stool is really too much effort.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?