Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Some/Thing Old

Hmm, there are a lot of ways I could go with this one . . . .

But, what comes to mind is that today is the tenth anniversary of the day that Shrike and I met in "real life."

Ten years. We have been together for ten years.

My God, we must be old.

The funny thing is that I can't decide whether it seems like we've been together forever, or if it seems like it was just yesterday. Both, really.

I do know that there's not much else in my life that I've stuck with for ten years, and not much else that I plan to stick with 'til the proverbial death do us part.

I think it's all turned out pretty damn well, but looking back, I can't help but ask, "What the hell were we thinking?!?"

We were the very embodiment of the U-Haul joke.

For those who stumbled in here from Het-Land, the U-Haul joke is:
Q: What does a lesbian bring on a second date?
A: A U-Haul.
Not too long ago, I read the that the corrollary to that joke is:
But then we take ten years to decide to have kids.
More on that tomorrow. . . .

Check out the rest of The Other Mother's Some/Thing Meme.

3 comments:

  1. You know the boy version, right?

    Q: What does a gay boy bring on a second date?
    A: What's a second date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten years... man y'all are OLD! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of you can even spell old! Try our age. Seriously, congratulations on the anniversary. Many more to come.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?