- How often do you get sick with a cold? The flu? Something else?
I usually get colds 3 - 4 times a year, but I think I've had that more than that in the past six months, probably because I've been around germy children. I don't know that I've ever actually had influenza (most people who say they have "the flu" don't), and I don't often get sick with other things.
- Are you the sort of person who goes to work or school no matter how sick you are or are you willing to stay at home when it gets bad?
I would much prefer to take a day off, but I usually can't.
- How do you like to treat a cold? What remedies do you like and why?
As I've mentioned before, I'm allergic to antihistamines, decongestants and cough suppresants, so pretty much all I can do is take Tylenol for fever and aches, take hot showers to steam my head and chest open (now with Shower Soothers!) and whine a whole lot.
- What do you do to keep from getting sick in the winter?
Nothing, really, except that I generally try to get a flu shot. Anonydaddy is a doctor, so I was back home, it was flu shots all around at Thanksgiving dinner, but since I've moved to BlueState, it's a bit more of a challenge, now that I have to actually go looking for it - especially in years when there's been a shortage.
- What is your favorite thing to do when you stay home from work or school?
Pretty much the same as always, messing around on the computer or watching tv - plus lots of whining and complaining.
View My Five on Friday Posts