Friday, February 8, 2008

Five on Friday #4: Chicken Soup

  1. How often do you get sick with a cold? The flu? Something else?
    I usually get colds 3 - 4 times a year, but I think I've had that more than that in the past six months, probably because I've been around germy children. I don't know that I've ever actually had influenza (most people who say they have "the flu" don't), and I don't often get sick with other things.

  2. Are you the sort of person who goes to work or school no matter how sick you are or are you willing to stay at home when it gets bad?
    I would much prefer to take a day off, but I usually can't.


  3. How do you like to treat a cold? What remedies do you like and why?
    As I've mentioned before, I'm allergic to antihistamines, decongestants and cough suppresants, so pretty much all I can do is take Tylenol for fever and aches, take hot showers to steam my head and chest open (now with Shower Soothers!) and whine a whole lot.


  4. What do you do to keep from getting sick in the winter?
    Nothing, really, except that I generally try to get a flu shot. Anonydaddy is a doctor, so I was back home, it was flu shots all around at Thanksgiving dinner, but since I've moved to BlueState, it's a bit more of a challenge, now that I have to actually go looking for it - especially in years when there's been a shortage.


  5. What is your favorite thing to do when you stay home from work or school?
    Pretty much the same as always, messing around on the computer or watching tv - plus lots of whining and complaining.
Visit the Five on Friday Blog

View My Five on Friday Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?