Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year to My Ass

This was a big night in the butt-shot department. The first time we've done two shots (estrogen and progesterone) at once and, being the third progesterone shot, it's the first time we've had to go back to the scene of the crime, and look for a second (and third!) injection site in a cheek that's already got a knot in it.

It actually went pretty well, all things considered, but I figure I'll be even more sore tomorrow, with a larger expanse of tender area on the left side.

We're starting to get the hang of it though, and have a routine down.

What's quite helpful:

  • Sitting on the heating pad beforehand, to warm up the muscle and allow for easier flow
  • Lying face down on the bed, so that even if I flinch, I've got nowhere to go.
  • Having Shrike tell me what she's doing back there
  • Singing to distract myself - Tonight's selections: "Here Comes Santa Claus" and "Sleighride"
What's a bit less helpful:
  • Hearing Shrike say "Holy shit!" as she removes the needle and watches blood pool on my ass

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?