Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #41

Today is my three year "surgiversary." I had Roux en Y gastric bypass surgery on December 13, 2004.


Thirteen Facts About My Gastric Bypass Surgery
  1. I lost about 200 lbs in the eighteen months following my surgery.
  2. I went from a size 26 to a size 4.
  3. I maintained that weight for over a year.
  4. I'm now up about 20 lbs from there (size 8ish).
  5. I'm blaming the weight gain on the hormones I've been taking.
  6. And unlimited amounts of chocolate candy at work.
  7. Many people have food intolerances after surgery, but I can eat just about anything.
  8. That is not necessarily a good thing.
  9. I can generally fill up on about 1/2 cup of food.
  10. But I do get hungry again within a couple of hours
  11. So, I eat several small meals a day.
  12. I feel 1000% better than I did before my surgery.
  13. Second only to being with Shrike, it's the best decision I've ever made.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a great job. And, once again, bless Shrike for taking care of you. For your sake and mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's pretty incredible - good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You look amazing! My #20 is up

    http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com/2007/12/13/thursday-thirteen-20-13-dishes-to-try-this-christmas/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. It's interesting, though: your hair is *exactly* the same!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?