Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blue Christmas

One of the "perks" of being in a leadership position with Democratic Party at the county and state level is that it puts me on the "holiday greetings" list of lots of candidates and elected officials.

For example, there's a card from the Governor and his family hanging in my living room right now.

That's kind of cool. I wish it had arrived before our party, though!

Anyway, yesterday I received a gift from a fellow who's running for statewide office in 2008, and is, evidently, sucking up to state committee members, hoping for our endorsement.

It's one of those temperature-sensitive, color-changing mugs:

Cold
Hot

The best part is how, when the states all turn blue, the little elephant gets a frowny face!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice it was the governor. I was looking at the four dogs in the photo on the card thinking "oooh what cute dogs" and then wondering who in the hell are these people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, on the other hand, would never display a card from my governor, even if I got one. I'm from Texas and our governor is nothing to be proud of. I like yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love the mug, especially the frowny face - so cute!

    (I appreciate humor, even when I don't agree with sentiment. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrike's not kidding. I showed her the card, and she was all confused.

    Anonymama - I certainly wouldn't show off anything from your governor, either!

    LadyKay - I'm sure they also make another mug that goes the other way for your kind of people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Equal opportunity to make money? Of course they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like the mug, but I always accept butt kissing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?