Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Although we typically try to avoid shopping on "Black Friday," I actually did quite a bit today.

For starters, we finally bought my car - starting at the bank to close on the loan, then over to the dealership to sign the purchase papers.

Once everything was done, and I had the keys, I did tell the salesman and the sales manager how unhappy I was with how things were handled on Saturday.

The salesman was nice about it, and very apologetic. The sales manager was not.

He still tried to blamed things on the bank, and actually said, when I told him that I came "this close" to backing out of the deal, "Well, I would have sold it to someone else for more."

Wow. What a dick.

If he'd reacted like the salesman did, I would have left it at that, but now I think I am going to write a letter to the general manager.

After picking up the car, Shrike headed to work and I did some shopping.

I actually ventured to the mall for a bit, but is wasn't as awful as I had feared. I got a gift for Shrike's Grandma, whose name I drew for Secret Santa.

After a brief stop at home, I headed to Borders in ShrikeWorkTown, where I got some things for the directors' gift exchange at our next business meeting. I also got a couple of small gifts for Shrike's stocking. About $30 worth, total, all paid for with gift cards!

Then I picked up some Taco Bell and met Shrike for dinner, which is always a little "bonus" to the day.

After dinner, I hit the Dollar Tree, for pregnancy tests, and some stuff to make gifts for my teachers, to give them at our center holiday party. Nothing fancy; I'm just filling big coffee mugs with candy. I'll probably put some pretty ribbons on them or something, too.

I made one more stop on my way home, but that's a surprise for Shrike, so I can't say yet where I went.

(Are you in suspenders now, honey?)

A pretty productive day, all in all.

1 comment:

  1. I did my Black Friday bit too, but I did mine online in my jammies. I didn't get a new car out of the deal though... What the hey, I already have a car and I didn't put my clothes on all day. It's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?