Monday, September 10, 2007

Manic Monday #5

  1. If you could "un-invent" one thing in the world so that it would no longer exist, what would you choose?
    I would like to say "hate," but I guess that's more of an emotion than an "invention." If it has to be something man-made, I think I'll say "war" - or at least the modern technologies of war. If I can't eliminate hate, then I probably can't eliminate war, but if we were still going at each other with rocks and sticks, there's only so much damage we could do.
  2. Monday morning you usually waking up thinking:
    Aw, crap. It's Monday. And it's morning. And I'm awake.
  3. Do you find it easy to ask for help? Why or why not?
    I often find it difficult to delegate, which is something that I'm consciously working on. I think it's a combination of feeling like if I'm in a leadership position, then I shouldn't ask others to do more work than I'm doing, and being a bit of a control freak, and having trouble letting go of some of the details, and accepting that just because someone else goes about a task in a different way than what I how I might have done it, that does not mean that their way is wrong.

Learn more about Manic Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is deep. I think they were looking for something more like car alarms or possible Steely Dan for that first question.

    But technologies of war definitely has my vote.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?