Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ante Up!

We've just gotten home from our visit to the dildo-cam (followed by a bit of hanging out and browsing some funky shops in downtown OldWorkTown).

This time around, I only have six antral follicles, three on (in?) each ovary.

They told me the first cycle that they like to see ten to twenty on day 3. That time I had fifteen; last month I had ten.

Each of those months resulted in one egg, with no stimulation.

We're hoping that, with the help of the clomid and FSH, about half of the six I have now will develop into mature eggs within the next week or so.

And that at least exactly one of those will not be a dud, will get fertilized and will stick.

When we finished playing poke-and-peek, we went to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. To the tune of $397.50.

$300 of that is for the bravelle (FSH injections), $75 for the ovidrel (HCG trigger) and $22.50 for five clomid pills.

It seems that my insurance company doesn't want to cover any medications except the prometrium.

What the fuck is that about? I guess I'll be making another phone call to straighten that out.

I'll also need to make a call tomorrow to schedule an ultrasound for next Monday, to see how many of my little half-dozen follicles have made it through to the next phase, and whether they are ready to drop yet.

And I need to call Nurse E to have her talk me through exactly how to set up these shots that I'll be taking on Thursday and Saturday.

So, I'm scheduled to take the first clomid this evening. I'm a little apprehensive about it, because I've heard that the side effects can be less than fun, but if that's what it takes to make a baby, then that's what I'm gonna do.

Keep an eye on the sidebar to see how it's going!

5 comments:

  1. Someone slipped something in my Oyster Po BOy today. I don't feel so good... or maybe it was that beer sampler. OK, seriously, I might have drunk two beers total, but that one wasm ost certainly toxic. Blah.....did anyone get the license number on that truck? Oooops, sorry, this doesn't have anythng to do with baby making except for I am being a big baby....and I feel like the Six-Million Dollar man doll in that someone drilled a hole through his eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - you are my poor, poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the clomid is too bad. I have had lots of friends (and one sister) use it to have their babies and I would guess that any side effects are nothing compared to pregnancy and birth. ;-) Really, I don't remember anybody having anything bad to say about it.
    Seriously, crossing my fingers....hope all goes well.
    Umm, Shrike...sorry about that truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LiPA - Thanks for the reassuring notes on clomid.

    I've heard some women say it was quite rough, but other say they had no problems at all.

    I'm hoping to be one of those "no problem" gals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrrl! Go directly to freedom fertility pharmacy and do not pass go! It is online. They have an out-of-pocket discount. So my ovidrel was only $44, or something like that. Seriously. Call them. Goggle them... Unless you get preggo this time. Yeah, just do that.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?