Thursday, September 13, 2007

Gone FSHing

I took my last clomid about an hour ago, followed by my first FSH injection.

These injections are much more complicated than the ovidrel, but I managed it. I'd read the instructions a few times, so I pretty much knew what I was doing.

I did get probably a bit over-obsessed with a teeny tiny air bubble in the syringe, but I finally got it out.

Once I was ready to actually do the injection, that wasn't so bad at all. It was a lot easier to actually make myself jab it into my belly than it was with the ovidrel shot last cycle.

I figure Saturday's FSH will be even easier (and I'll be more confident about the mixing process), and by the time I'm ready to trigger with another ovidrel in a few days, I'll be a pro!

3 comments:

  1. I am waiting on the post from Shrike where she tells us she has tied you up and stuck you in a closet due to the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, so far, so good. No ill effects from the clomid, and nothing yet from the FSH.

    Of course, if they make me crazy, who will know.

    Earlier this week, we had an appointment with Dr T, and Shrike was talking about some of her concerns.

    Dr T: So, you're afraid she'll be miserable (during pregnancy)?
    Shrike: Yes.
    Whozat: And crazy?
    Dr T: Crazier

    Lol, actually, that earned Dr. T a point in my bood. Usually she fusses at us when we say we're crazy.

    "Believe me, I've seen crazy, and you're not it!"

    Last week, when I said it, she reminded me that, "Hey - I wrote a letter saying that you're not crazy!"

    And, we do appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but the miserable and crazy from being pregnant is a downright joy compared to the miserable and crazy from not getting pregnant.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?