Sunday, September 16, 2007

Busy Day

Because I'm all about the planning ahead, on Friday I decided to invite some friends to come over for dinner this evening.

Of course, the cupboards were bare, so we spent most of the day planning, executing and putting-away from a big grocery trip, including a stop at a roadside veggie stand and a trip to Aldi, because they were having a cheese sale.

Cheese. Sale.

While at Weis, we saw some bell peppers that were almost as big as my head. (See photo.) I won't go into the details, but I had more than $20 in coupons, and a total of just over $50 savings, between the coupons and Weis Club. Not bad.

One more stop, for a six-pack of beer and we were done.

(Yes, we live in a state that requires a trip to a special store for beer. And a different special store for wine or liquor.)

By the time we got home and put away the groceries, it was time to start cooking dinner. I served lazy lasagna, cheesey garlic bread, a spinach salad and yellow watermelon (tastes the same as the regular kind). They brought cookies and ice cream for dessert.

Their kids were too cute, and our dogs didn't beat them up too badly. (Sorry about that scratch, T.) A good time was had by all.

Or, at least, a good time was had by us. I hope they had a good time, too. If not, they faked it well.

After they left, we took the doggies for a walk in the dark (over at a nearby shopping center parking lot with no cars, but lots of lights) because Shrike had, "promised them we'd go later."

When we got home, she loaded up the dishwasher, God bless her, and let me come in here and play.

Now, it's looking like bedtime soon. I've got an early-morning date with the dildo-cam!

7 comments:

  1. yeah, I would be sure to contact them with your e-mail address. I am sure it is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend- but not so fun Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think you should e-mail Chris. I'm sure that anyone at edenfantasys.com has very important issues to discuss.

    We had a WONDERFUL time last night. Thanks again, so much, for having us over. T has recovered...he did so quickly. I think Shrike is a better mom than I am though since I didn't even realize anything had happened to him and she was already inside with TLC and a tissue. Thanks. :-)

    Dinner was delicious and the company, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living in Pa: I am so sorry about T and our big dog... Wish I had thought more quickly and maybe it would never have happened. For instance, he (R) mauls me constantly so I shuld have known he would try tackling T. I am so sorry! And, as I was thinking today, perhaps if I had tried calling R, we could have avoided the whole thing. Being darn near mute means I forget that that is an option. Once in a while the dogs will even come when you call them. It's amazing. I am sorry we have bad dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW Chris, my personal fantasy is to lose 30 pounds without dieting or exercise. Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shrike - Get with the blogonyms, honey!

    (R = Big Galoot. As though there was any question which of our dogs tackled and scratched LiPA's 6 year old son last night.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously...I allowed J to get mauled by the neighborhood dogs tonight. Somehow I didn't think that her being between Lily and Lily's best dog buddy when they met tonight would be a bad idea. She fell over (when they ran into her) and was jumped on by both Lily and a 50lb rottweiler. Yeah...seriously makes T and R's (big galoot) interaction seem like nothing. And it was nothing...really.
    John was ready to trade Lily in for your big galoot. He loved him!!
    You totally don't have bad dogs. Hell, you've been with my dog and she is bad! She even pooped in Julian's room to prove it this morning. UGH.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?