Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Sunday

It's been a relatively productive weekend here in WhozatShrikeVille.

Yesterday, after napping the first few hours that Shrike was a work, I got a crazy notion to do some work around the house for a damn change.

I washed dishes, wiped down all the kitchen counters (a bigger job than one would think it ought to be), swept/vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor, moved clothes from the washer to dryer, put a load in the washer (including the kitchen tablecloth and floor mat) and ran them, and vacuumed the living room, hallway and bedroom.

What the hell?

It took a while but it looks great now. And, of course, I got all kinds of brownie points when Shrike got home.

Not that I did it for points, of course. Of course not.

Today, we went to the grocery store (saved about $30 at Weis, plus picked up several things at Aldi) and then over to a friend's house for dinner.

We had a great time - good food, good conversation, sweet kids, cute dog. I just hope we didn't keep them (and their kids) up too late!

Speaking of being up too late, I'd better get myself to bed soon, since I have my day 12 appointment with the dildo cam at 8:30 am.

That will tell us how many eggies are getting ready to launch, and when. We probably won't be sure just yet, but after the ultrasound, we should have a pretty good idea when we'll be doing ou next IUI. I'm thinking we'll probably be looking at Friday or so.

4 comments:

  1. I washed dishes, wiped down all the kitchen counters, swept/vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor, moved clothes from the washer to dryer, put a load in the washer, and ran them, and vacuumed the living room, hallway and bedroom.

    What hormones do they have you on right now? I think I need me some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do shit because my kids will just mess it up again. Maybe next week when they're back in school! *happy dance!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun last night. As soon as you guys left the kids were asking when you would come back again. I'm just glad you got to see Julian, for once, without her breaking down into hysterics. She really is a normal kid! Thanks for hanging out with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LK - LH, evidently :-)

    LinPA - Aw, that's so sweet that they want us to come back! We really enjoyed playing with them (and visiting with you and J, of course!) We're looking forward to having you over here. We'll be sure to check our toybox for lead first!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?