Saturday, July 21, 2007

Panda Nursery Theme

I mentioned in some earlier comments that we're planning on decorating the nursery (knock wood) in a panda theme.


The thing is that Shrike loves pandas. Especially baby pandas.

At one point, before we'd quite made the decision to try, she said, "If you could just have a baby panda, it would be a done deal!"

(Sure, I suppose that could happen - our sperm came from the DC area, so I guess they could have mixed up our vial with Mei Xiang's.)

I told her that if she'd let me have a baby human instead, we could decorate the nursery in a panda theme, and dress the kid up as a panda for Halloween until it's old enough to protest.

So, that's the plan.

We're trying to avoid jumping the gun on actually buying things, but we have done a good big of looking online.

And, a few weeks ago, Shrike came home from Big Lots with a chair very similar to the one pictured here.

We've located and bookmarked everal panda accessories, and we're thinking that the furniture, bedding, curtains, etc will be black and white, with red accents.

I'd also like to find some panda drawer pulls for the dresser (I found some, but they are a whole bear; I'd prefer just the face) and some wallpaper border would be great. Or a stencil or stamp, maybe.

Now, we just need a baby to put in there with all those pandas . . . .

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like the nursery will be really cute! My sister had twin boys- who are 2 now- and she did their room in black and white toil. Very cute, yet manly from what her hubby said about it. I've never met my nephews, but will in a week! YAY!

    There isn't a chance of multiples for you is there? You did specify no litters, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, gotta be "manly" for the baby boys :-)

    Doing IUI with no fertility drugs, there's no higher chance of multiples than any other 39 y/o would have.

    This month, we know there was only one egg matured / released so, barring identicals (which there's no history of in my family or the donor's, to my knowledge) we're in the clear.

    If we don't have any success within two or three months, we may add a little Clomid to the mix, but the chances there are still less than 10% for twins, and almost no chance of higher-order multiples.

    The risk of "litters" tends to come in with the injectible fertility drugs, but if you're monitoring by ultrasound, you know how many eggs you've got ready to go, and it's my understanding that most (responsible) docs will cancel an IUI cycle if there are too many.

    With IVF, I think they don't transfer more than maybe four embryos, these days, and often less.

    There's a higher chance of identical twinning with IVF, too.

    Maybe the embryos are more fragile after being handled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the panda idea! I like theme that work for both genders.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?