Monday, July 30, 2007

Job Decision

In addition to all the sleeping over the weekend, I guess I also reached the decision that regardless of which of the two closer positions it turns out is actually being offered to me, I'll take it.

I don't think that either ED will be in today, but they promised they'd be in touch. I assume one will call me as soon as she hears from the other girl, who got first dibs at the directorship, and then I'll let them know that I'll take the other position.

Hey - Let's make this a test of the mobile blogging rapid info network!

(You know, just in case I have anything else interesting to report later this week.)

I'm not big on the verbosity (oddly enough) when typing on my phone but I'll try posting from there to say whether I'm taking:

Job #1 - Same position, same pay, 30 minutes closer to home or
Job #2 - Promotion and raise, 15 minutes closer to home

Honestly, I couldn't say which I'm hoping it will be, because each has its pros and cons.

The promotion and raise would be very nice to have, but I've barely learned the job I'm in and I'm not totally comfortable with it yet, so it's a bit daunting to jump up the next rung of the ladder so soon.

Also, every bit of distance makes a difference, especially with gas as pricey as it is (in fact, the raise with Job#2 probably would not make up for the additional 150 miles/week, compared to Job #1) and with me as sleepy as I've been lately.

And, it would be nice to work in the same town with Shrike (Job #1), although Job #2 would still bring me through town at dinner time, a few days a week.

Hmm, that actually sounds like I'm leaning a bit toward Job #1, but that part about the raise and promotion is a pretty big vote for Job #2.

That would look awful good on a resume at some point. Not just the position itself, but to have gotten to that position after only three months. But, still, there are those other points.

Luckily, though, I don't have to decide which I'd rather, and there's really no point in even trying to decide, or in hoping for one over the other because it's not up to me.

If the girl currently in Job #1 wants Job #2, it's hers, and I get #1. Likewise, if she passes on it, it's mine.

And you, loyal readers, will know which it is, as soon as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Job #2 - Promotion and raise, 15 minutes closer to home

    Sounds good. I have complete confidence in you - and apparently they do too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?